Microsoft KB Archive/172683
Article ID: 172683
Article Last Modified on 6/24/2004
- Microsoft SNA Server 3.0 Service Pack 4
- Microsoft SNA Server 4.0
This article was previously published under Q172683
When you click the TN3270 tab of the LUA properties dialog box, there is an exception error in SNA Manager. A Drwtsn32.log file is generated.
If a connection is deleted, a call is made to Snacfg.dll, which deletes all of the LU records, whether they are assigned to the TN3270 servers or not. The LU needs to be removed with a DestroyConfig() call similar to that which occurs when an LU is deleted individually.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in SNA Server versions 3.0 and 3.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1). This problem was corrected in the latest SNA Server version 3.0 U.S. Service Pack. For information on obtaining this Service Pack, query on the following word in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (without the spaces):
S E R V P A C K
With the fix applied, a change is made to the Snacfg.dll file and Snaadmin.dll file so that a DestroyLU() and DestroyConfig() make the same type of deletion call.
To reproduce this problem:
- Create two connections.
- On each connection create an LUA LU.
- Assign both LUA LUs to the TN3270 Server.
- Save the configuration and exit the SNA Manager.
- Restart the SNA Manager.
- Delete one of the connections.
- Re-create the connection and insert a new LUA LU.
- Do not save the configuration.
- Select the TN3270 Server, right-click the TN3270 LUA LU, and click Properties.
- Click the TN3270 tab of the LUA LU's properties window and the exception occurs. A Drwtsn32.log file is generated.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbnetwork KB172683