Microsoft KB Archive/172668
PSS ID Number: 172668
Article Last Modified on 10/6/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft ActiMates Barney 1.0
- Microsoft Fun on Imagination Island with the Microsoft ActiMates PC Pack 1.0
This article was previously published under Q172668
When you use Microsoft ActiMates Interactive Barney with the ActiMates PC Pack Transmitter, your computer, and Fun on Imagination Island, you receive the following error message:
ActiMates Barney is not communicating with the PC Pack Transmitter.
To resolve this problem, try the following:
- Squeeze one of ActiMates Barney's hands to make sure he's awake.
- Move ActiMates Barney closer to the Transmitter or a few feet to the right or left. ActiMates Barney should be less than 15 feet (4.6 meters) from the Transmitter, and the Transmitter should be at least 1 foot (0.3 meters) from the computer, monitor, and speakers.
- Try moving the Transmitter to a different location.
- Make sure the Transmitter's cable is fully extended.
- If you're using a cordless phone while ActiMates Barney is interacting with the Barney software, there may be interference between the phone and the Transmitter. Change the frequency (channel) of your cordless phone.
- Other radio-operated electronic devices may also cause interference with the Transmitter. For example, baby monitors, garage door openers, burglar alarms, radio controlled toys, or certain types of appliances with electric motors. Turn off other radio operated devices while Barney is interacting with the computer.
- If you've tried these solutions but still receive a "Barney Not Found" error message, you may need new sound card drivers from your sound card manufacturer.
For the most up-to-date information on compatible sound cards and sound card drivers, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
172870 ActiMates Barney: List of Sound Card Installation Articles
For more information about how to solve problems related to Microsoft ActiMates characters, use the ActiMates Troubleshooter located at the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: barnie acta actamate
Keywords: kberrmsg kbHardware kbprb KB172668
Technology: _IKkbbogus kbActimatesBarney kbActimatesSearch kbFunImagination100 kbHomeProdSearch