Microsoft KB Archive/172665
PSS ID Number: 172665
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft ActiMates PC Pack 1.0
- Microsoft Barney Goes to the Circus 1.0
- Microsoft Barney Under the Sea 1.0
- Microsoft Fun on Imagination Island with the Microsoft ActiMates PC Pack 1.0
- Microsoft Fun on the Farm with Barney 1.0
This article was previously published under Q172665
When you use Microsoft ActiMates Interactive Barney with the ActiMates PC Pack Transmitter, your computer, and an ActiMates-compatible software title, you may receive the following error message:
This behavior can occur if an incompatible sound card is installed in your computer, or if the radio link between the ActiMates Barney and the PC Pack Transmitter is disrupted.
To resolve this issue:
- Quit all other programs that are running on your computer.
- If the issue continues to occur, quit the Barney program, shut down your computer, restart your computer, and then start the Barney program.
- If the issue continues to occur, determine if the sound card installed in your computer is compatible with the PC Pack Transmitter.
For additional information about sound cards and sound drivers that are compatible with the PC Pack Transmitter, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
172870 ActiMates Barney: List of Sound Card Installation Articles
For more information about how to solve problems related to Microsoft ActiMates characters, use the ActiMates Troubleshooter located at the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: barnie actamates acti-mates
Keywords: kberrmsg kbHardware kbprb KB172665
Technology: kbActimatesPCPk kbActimatesSearch kbBarneyCircus100 kbBarneyUnderSea100 kbFunFarm100 kbFunImagination100 kbHomeProdSearch kbZNotKeyword