Microsoft KB Archive/172659
PSS ID Number: 172659
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Barney Goes to the Circus 1.0
- Microsoft Barney Under the Sea 1.0
- Microsoft Fun on Imagination Island with the Microsoft ActiMates PC Pack 1.0
- Microsoft Fun on the Farm with Barney 1.0
This article was previously published under Q172659
The Barney software does not appear on your computer screen correctly.
Your computer's screen resolution is set to something other than 800x600 and/or you are not using 256 colors or higher.
To run the Barney software, your computer's screen resolution must be set to 800 x 600, using 256 colors or higher. For most video cards, the Barney software will automatically switch your computer to the correct screen resolution. However, for some computers and video cards, you may need to change this setting yourself.
To change your screen resolution and/or colors, do the following:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Display.
- Under Desktop, drag the slider until the setting reads 800 by 600 pixels.
- Under Color Palette, make sure the setting for 256 Color is selected.
NOTE: If you are unable to change your settings manually, then your video card may not have enough video RAM to support the Barney software title.
Make sure you have the latest video drivers for your video card. You can download the latest drivers from your video card manufacturer's Web site or bulletin board service (BBS).
For more information about how to solve problems related to Microsoft ActiMates characters, use the ActiMates Troubleshooter located at the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: barney barnie acti mates acta actimate mate kbimu actimates acti-mates
Keywords: kbdisplay kbenv kbprb KB172659
Technology: kbActimatesSearch kbBarneyCircus100 kbBarneyUnderSea100 kbFunFarm100 kbFunImagination100 kbHomeProdSearch