Microsoft KB Archive/172599
Article ID: 172599
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- MSPRESS Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit ISBN 1-57231-344-7
- MSPRESS Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Resource Kit ISBN 1-57231-343-9
- MSPRESS Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit, Supplement One ISBN 1-57231-559-8
- MSPRESS Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit, Supplement Two ISBN 1-57231-626-8
This article was previously published under Q172599
If you try to use Rmtshare.exe to assign permissions to a user whose username begins with a number, the operation will fail.
Microsoft has created a new version of Rmtshare.exe that can assign permissions to a user whose username begins with a number.
The self-extracting archive file, Rmtshar.exe, distributed by Microsoft Press, contains the executable and documentation for the updated Rmtshare.exe.
Rmtshar.exe is available for download from the following Microsoft FTP site:
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
To install the new copy of Rmtshare.exe, follow these steps:
- Download Rmtshar.exe into your Resource Kit directory. By default, this directory is: C:\NTRESKIT\
If your software is not capable of downloading the file into a particular directory, download the file and copy or move it to your Resource Kit directory.
- Double-click Rmtshar.exe to extract the necessary files.
- If you are asked to confirm the replacement of files, press Y to confirm the file replacement.
- Delete Rmtshar.exe.
If you encounter difficulties with these files, please send e-mail to Microsoft Press at:
Additional query words: mspress ms_press press ntreskit ntrk 1-57231-344-7 1-57231-343-9 1-57231-559-8 1-57231-626-8
Keywords: kbbug KB172599