Microsoft KB Archive/172544
Article ID: 172544
Article Last Modified on 6/4/2001
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 95
This article was previously published under Q172544
When you quit Microsoft WordPad, you may receive the following error message:
If you click Details, you receive an error message similar to either of the following:
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- In WordPad, you insert a Microsoft Excel Worksheet object that is displayed as an object into a document. -and-
- You switch to the worksheet object by double-clicking it. -and-
- Without closing Microsoft Excel 97, you switch back to WordPad and quit the program without saving changes to the file. -and-
- You are running Microsoft Windows 95.
To resolve this problem, click "Close & Return to Document" on the File menu in Microsoft Excel 97 before you quit WordPad.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: XL97 ipf 0137:3012a5e9
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbinterop KB172544