Microsoft KB Archive/172536
Article ID: 172536
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172536
When using Microsoft Outlook 97 with Microsoft Exchange Server, the Tools menu may not list Synchronize as a command.
The Microsoft Exchange Extensions add-in is missing or not active.
To activate or install the Microsoft Exchange Extensions add-in, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
- Click Add-In Manager.
- If Exchange Extensions is listed, but is not selected, click to select Exchange Extensions and then click OK.
- If Exchange Extensions in not listed, follow these steps:
- Click Install to open your \Office\Addins folder.
- Select Emsuix.ecf, and click Open.
- You should see Exchange Extensions listed in the Add-Ins list. Click OK and OK again to close all dialog boxes.
Synchronize should now be a command on the Tools menu.
When you use Outlook with the Microsoft Exchange Server Information Service, you have the ability to work with folders offline. That is, you can use the contents of a folder without a network connection. This feature is beneficial for remote users. The Synchronize option is used to synchronize your offline folders with the folders in your mailbox on the Microsoft Exchange Server.
For more information on synchronizing offline folders, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
161725 OL97: What Are Offline Folders and How Do You Use Them?
Additional query words: gone missing unavailable deleted
Keywords: kbinfo KB172536