Microsoft KB Archive/172489
Article ID: 172489
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172489
WARNING: The information in this article has not been confirmed or tested by Microsoft. Some or all of the information in this article has been taken from unconfirmed customer reports. ANY USE BY YOU OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Microsoft provides this information "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
When attempting to open a file on a Novell NetWare network share, you may receive the following error message:
This error occurs under the following conditions:
- You are using Novell's NetWare Client 32 for Windows 95 version 2.11.
- An program marked for recording in the Microsoft Outlook 97 Journal, saved the file.
This behavior occurs even if Outlook is closed, because the Journal feature monitors activity for the program at all times.
In Outlook, turn off Journaling for the program in question.
Wait until the Novell Client releases the Duplicate Handle Function before reopening the file.
Install the Microsoft Client for NetWare Networks.
Turn Off Journaling
- Click Options on the Tools menu.
- On the Journal tab, in "Also record files from" click to clear the check box for the program in question, and then click OK.
Wait for the Duplicate Handle Function to Release
There is a period of time after which the Novell client releases the Duplicate Handle Function. After this time the problem does not occur. We have not determined this period.
Install the Microsoft Client for NetWare Networks
- In the Control Panel, double-click the Network icon.
- On the Configuration tab, click Add.
- Click to select Client, and then click Add.
- Click to select Microsoft, click to select Client for NetWare Networks, and then click OK.
For another issue with Novel's NetWare Client 32, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
156995 XCLN: PST File Cannot Be Accessed Running NetWare Client 32
Keywords: kb3rdparty kberrmsg kbprb KB172489