Microsoft KB Archive/172467
Article ID: 172467
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 95
This article was previously published under Q172467
When Windows 95 clients attempt to log on to a Windows NT domain, they receive the following message:
This is a message received from the Windows NT version 3.51 or 4.0 domain controller. It is generated when time restrictions have been imposed on a user account, and the user is trying to log on outside his allowed time.
To resolve this problem, remove or change the time restrictions on this user by performing the following steps:
- Click the Start button, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and click User Manager.
- Select the user from the Username view pane.
- From the User menu, click Properties.
- Click Hours.
- Change the logon hours to times that are appropriate. Cleared check boxes indicate users cannot log on during those times. Check boxes that are shaded indicate users can log on during those times.
Verify that the validating server's time settings are as correct. This can be confirmed in the Control Panel Date/Time tool.
Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0 clients receive a more informative message:
Additional query words: usrmgr prodnt win95
Keywords: kbnetwork KB172467