Microsoft KB Archive/172453
Article ID: 172453
Article Last Modified on 8/26/1999
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q172453
Czech characters do not display properly in a label on a form.
Regional and Keyboard Settings
Use these steps for the Windows NT 4.0/Windows 95 keyboard:
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Keyboard.
- Click the Input Locales or Language tab.
- Click Add and select Czech from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- Select the Czech "Input locales" entry and click the "Set as Default" button.
Use these steps for Windows NT 4.0/Windows 95 Regional Settings:
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Regional Settings.
- Select the Czech option from the drop-down list.
- Select the "Set as System Default Locale" check box and click OK.
- If you get a message that the required files are already on the hard drive, click No to replace the files and follow the instructions to install those files.
- Reboot the computer.
NOTE: Ensure the "Multilanguage Support" is installed for Windows 95. This can be found in the Control Panel by clicking the Add/Remove Programs icon on the Windows Setup tab.
Code Pages in Microsoft Visual FoxPro
In the Config.fpw file, place the following setting for the Czech code page:
To check the current code page of Microsoft Visual FoxPro, run the following function from the Command window.
Use these steps to change the Form's Code Page:
To change the code page of a previously created form, called MyForm, and run the following code from the Command window:
USE MyForm.SCX DO HOME() + "TOOLS\CPZERO\CPZERO" WITH "MyForm.SCX" *Displays the Code Page Selection Dialog. *Select "895 - Kamenicky (Czech) MS-DOS" and click OK button. USE
After performing the above steps, the text from the Caption property of the Labels needs to be reentered. At this point they will retain the correct characters.
This behavior is by design.
Keywords: kbprb KB172453