Microsoft KB Archive/172452
Article ID: 172452
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172452
When you log off or shut down Windows NT, the system may stop responding or delay for a long period of time if an application is in the process of opening a large file. Windows NT may deliver a pop-up message asking you to wait for the application to finish or to close the nonresponding application. Choosing End Task may not allow the computer to close the process and proceed with the logoff or shutdown process as expected. The file may have to load completely before Windows NT will log off or shut down properly.
This symptom may affect users running remote shutdowns and UPSs.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: log-off shut-down
Keywords: kbbug kbenv kbinterop KB172452