Microsoft KB Archive/172447
Article ID: 172447
Article Last Modified on 12/11/1999
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q172447
A SubClass based on a PageFrame Class, whose PageCount property is set to 0, does not display any pages at design time and is invisible at run time.
A workaround is to set the PageCount property of the PageFrame class to a value greater than 0.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
Create a class, named "pgf," as follows:
CREATE CLASS pgf OF MyClass AS PageFrame
- When the Class Designer comes up, reset the PageCount to default by right-clicking the PageCount property of the PageFrame and then selecting the Reset To Default option from the Shortcut menu. This should set the PageCount property to 0.
- Save the class and close Class Designer.
Create another class "pgfreal" based on "pgf" as follows:
CREATE CLASS pgfreal OF MyClass AS pgf FROM MyClass
- When the Class Designer comes up, set the PageCount to 3.
- Save the Class and close the Class Designer.
Create a form as follows:
CREATE FORM MyForm
- Drop each of the classes, pgf and pgfreal, onto the form and observe that the PageFrames are displayed without any pages.
- Run the Form and now observe that neither PageFrame appears.
Keywords: kbbug KB172447