Microsoft KB Archive/172433
Article ID: 172433
Article Last Modified on 9/25/2003
- Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q172433
Advanced: Requires expert coding, interoperability, and multiuser skills.
When you try to install a French Microsoft Access run-time application, you receive the following error message.
You manually included an ActiveX control dependency file as directed in the following Knowledge Base article:
172432 ODE97: Setup Wizard Doesn't Include Intl ActiveX Dependency DLL
For example, you included Cmctlfr.dll.
Do not include the ActiveX control international dependency file.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the French Microsoft Office Developer Edition (ODE) Tools 97.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- On a computer running French Windows 95, install French Microsoft Access and French Microsoft ODE.
- Run the Setup Wizard.
- In the List Of Files, add Comctl32.ocx.
When you add comctl32.ocx, it adds comcat32.dll, but not Cmctlfr.dll.
- Manually add Cmctlfr.dll.
- Add the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- Finish the Setup Wizard.
- Start the setup of the run-time application.
Note that you receive the error message mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
Additional query words: globalization international int'l localization localisation erreur d installation: 914
Keywords: kbhowto kbbug kbusage KB172433