Microsoft KB Archive/172362
Article ID: 172362
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172362
Directory Replicator Service fails to start with the following error message:
The event viewer records the following event:
The Directory Replicator Service is configured to start under an account other than the system account, and this particular account does not have at least Read access to the %SystemRoot%\System32 or the %SystemRoot%\System32\Repl subdirectories.
Verify that the account has at least Read (R) access to the %SystemRoot%\ System32 and the %SystemRoot%\System32\Repl subdirectories and the files located therein.
For replication to complete successfully, the Replicator group on the import computer will also need to have at least Change permissions on the %SystemRoot%\System32\Repl\Import and the %SystemRoot%\...\Import\Scripts subdirectories.
Additional query words: repl repluser
Keywords: kbprb KB172362