Microsoft KB Archive/172321
Article ID: 172321
Article Last Modified on 11/4/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172321
In Microsoft Excel 97, if you format a data series in a chart, you may receive the following error message when you click OK in the Format Data Series dialog box:
If you click Details, you receive an error message similar to the following:
This problem may occur when the following conditions are true:
- You format a data series that has been previously formatted. -and-
- You have used the Customize dialog box to move the Repeat menu item from the Edit menu to a toolbar.
To prevent this problem from occurring, remove the Repeat button from the toolbar, and reset the Edit menu. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and click Customize.
- Right-click the Repeat button. (The Repeat button contains an arrow pointing in a counterclockwise circle.) On the shortcut menu, click Delete.
- Right-click the Edit menu. On the shortcut menu, click Reset.
- In the Customize dialog box, click Close.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
In Excel 97, you can customize your menus and toolbars with the Customize dialog box. When this dialog box is open, you can move menu items to toolbars or vice versa. You can also create new menu items and tools, or delete existing menu items and tools.
Additional query words: XL97 ipf EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32 DLL
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbchart kbui kbpending KB172321