Microsoft KB Archive/172306
Article ID: 172306
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172306
In any of the programs listed at the beginning of this article, when you click List or Details in the New dialog box (click New on the File menu), and then quit the program, the setting is not saved.
This problem occurs because the programs listed at the beginning of this article use the List or Details view only in the current session of the program. When you quit and restart the program, the program uses the large icons view.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
To change the view in the New dialog box, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click New.
- Above Preview, click Large Icons, List, or Details to change the view.
- Click the template that you want to use and click OK.
Additional query words: XL97 OFF97 winword97
Keywords: kbbug KB172306