Microsoft KB Archive/172270
Article ID: 172270
Article Last Modified on 6/29/2004
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q172270
This article provides an overview of how to certify your Visual Basic for Windows application with the Microsoft Windows Logo Program. For more information, see the following Microsoft Web site:
Following are the steps required to certify your Visual Basic for Windows application with the Microsoft Windows Logo Program.
- Obtain and sign the following license agreements and submit them on paper along with your product for testing:
- The Microsoft Windows NT and Windows 95 Logo license, available by phone/fax service at (425) 635-2222, document #830.
- VeriTest's testing agreement, available by phone/fax service at (425) 635-2222, document #831.
- The online VeriTest Vendor Questionnaire must be completely filled out. The Vendor Questionnaire can be found on the VeriTest Web site at http://www.veritest.com/mslogos/. The more information you provide in the Vendor Questionnaire the better. You must list exceptions and requests for exemptions here. By filling out the Vendor Questionnaire accurately and completely you will ensure that your product is tested in the shortest amount of time possible. After filling out the Questionnaire, click Submit and you will receive a Tracking Number from VeriTest. We recommend that you write the tracking number on your product disk when you send it in for testing (see the next step).
- Submit your product to VeriTest. Your submission packet must include the following:
- Your software product (on floppy disk, or CD-ROM).
- The results of a pretest that you have run on your product using the Installation Analyzer can be found at:
- The VeriTest Testing Agreement (submit on paper-please see above).
- The Windows NT and Windows 95 Logo License Agreement (submit on paper-please see above).
Your signature on these contracts does not mean that you can start using the Designed for Windows NT and Windows 95 Logo. It means that you have agreed to the license terms and are awaiting your product's passage of the tests and Microsoft's signing of the license.
On the Testing Agreement with VeriTest, you are given the option to keep your testing and test results confidential from Microsoft. If you choose this option, upon passing you must sign a release allowing VeriTest to send the results to Microsoft. Only after you sign this release can Microsoft grant you license to use the Logo.
- You will receive test results from VeriTest within eight business days from the date when your complete application package was received. VeriTest will send both you and Microsoft a copy of the test results.
- If your product passes testing, VeriTest will then send Microsoft the license agreement that you previously signed and submitted with your product testing to VeriTest.
- Please read the Windows and Windows NT trademark guidelines (available at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/winlogo/ before using the Logo.
- Please see http://www.veritest.com/mslogos/ for the current fee schedule. All testing fees are paid to VeriTest, not Microsoft.
- If your product box is printed before you obtain the license to use the Designed for Windows NT and Windows 95 Logo, you may order the Logo sticker from Special Effects, Seattle, WA (an outside vendor) at email@example.com. The stickers will be delivered when you receive the license to use the Logo.
- Microsoft will sign the license agreement and send it to the person designated as the marketing contact in the Vendor Questionnaire that you submitted. At this point, you may download an electronic copy of the Logo artwork kit from a secure web server using the password provided to you by VeriTest. This contains electronic copies of the Logo and Logo usage guidelines.
- If your company already has product(s) licensed to use the Designed for Windows NT and Windows 95 Logo, Microsoft will send you an update to the license after we receive your positive test results. This update will reflect the addition of the new product(s) to the license. Your signature on this update is required in order to complete the process.
- The license allows you to use the Logo on packaging, advertising, your Web site, and other promotional materials.
Keywords: kbhowto kblicensing KB172270