Microsoft KB Archive/172257
Article ID: 172257
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- MSPRESS Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit ISBN 1-57231-344-7
- MSPRESS Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Resource Kit ISBN 1-57231-343-9
- MSPRESS Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit, Supplement One ISBN 1-57231-559-8
- MSPRESS Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit, Supplement Two ISBN 1-57231-626-8
This article was previously published under Q172257
This article explains how to install the Perl 5 Scripting Language from the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Resource Kits.
Microsoft Press recommends using the Resource Kit Setup program to install Perl to your system.
Installation Instructions Using the Resource Kit Setup
To install Perl using the Resource Kit Setup program, follow these steps:
- Insert the Resource Kit Tools and Utilities disc into your CD-ROM drive.
- At the Resource Kit screen, click Install Resource Kit, and then click Accept to accept the Resource Kit license agreement.
- Select a Custom installation.
- In the Custom/Complete installation dialog box click to select File/Batch Tools, and then click Change Option.
- Click the Perl Scripting Language check box to select it, and then click OK.
- Click Continue. Follow the directions on the screen to continue through the Setup process.
If you choose to install Perl manually, rather than by using the Resource Kit Setup, follow these steps:
- Copy the directory tree located at, \Source\Gnu\Perl to your hard drive.
- From the Perl folder on your hard drive, run Install.bat to install Perl to your system.
NOTE: You cannot install Perl by running Install.bat from the CD-ROM. The installation batch file will attempt to write several files to the installation directory. Since you cannot write files to a normal CD-ROM, the batch file will fail. Further information on the Perl 5 Scripting Language can be found in the Readme.doc file located in the root directory of the CD-ROM.
Additional query words: mspress ms_press press ntreskit ntrk install
Keywords: kbhowto KB172257