Microsoft KB Archive/172219
Article ID: 172219
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172219
When you print a document formatted with both the Symbol printer font and any other fixed width printer font, such as Courier, to a Canon LBP-8 III Plus printer, the printer does not reset correctly after the Symbol font is printed. For example, if the following is typed, line three will be printed in the Symbol font:
1. Text typed in Courier font
2. Text typed in Symbol font
3. Text typed in Courier font
This symptom occurs when you use any of the Canon LBP-8 III printer drivers.
Format the text with a true type font. For example, use the Courier New True Type font.
Use the Canon LBP-8 II printer driver.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT versions 3.51 and 4.0. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: prodnt LBP 8 LBP8 III+ ttf fixed fixedfont
Keywords: kbbug kbprint KB172219