Microsoft KB Archive/172211
Article ID: 172211
Article Last Modified on 10/22/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
This article was previously published under Q172211
When you click a file that you inserted in a worksheet, the following error message may appear:
This problem occurs when all of the following conditions are true:
- You insert a file in a Microsoft Excel worksheet. -and-
- When you insert the file, you click Link To File in the Object dialog box. -and-
- After you insert the file, you double-click it and make changes in it. -and-
- When you close the file, you click No when you are prompted to save changes. -and-
- You double-click the inserted file a second time.
NOTE: This problem occurs only if you are running Excel under Microsoft Windows NT version 4.0.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about inserting files, click the Index tab in Microsoft Excel Help, type the following text
inserting, linked objects
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Insert a linked object or embedded object from an existing file" topic.
Additional query words: XL97
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbpending KB172211