Microsoft KB Archive/172175
PRB: Screen Shrinkage Transporting from FoxPro/Windows to Mac
The information in this article applies to:
When transporting screens created in FoxPro for Windows to FoxPro for Macintosh, the transported screen displays with different dimensions and some controls may not be properly or fully displayed on the screen.
This issue has been addressed in Visual FoxPro 3.0 for the Macintosh.
Although fonts may have the same size and name, the font metrics are different between FoxPro for Windows and FoxPro for the Macintosh. The number of pixels used in the screen display, consequently, are different between the two platforms.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
1. In FoxPro for Windows, create a new screen with a font that is
available on the Macintosh.
2. Place any desired controls on the screen, with at least one control in
the lower right corner of the screen.
3. From the menu, click Screen and then Layout, and note the values for
Width and Height.
4. Save the screen and then open it using FoxPro for the Macintosh. Select
font, then select the font name and size used to create the screen on the Windows platform.
5. Click Transport. 6. From the menu click Screen and then Layout, and note the values for
Width and Height.
The transported FoxPro screen on the Macintosh will have different height and/or width dimensions from the original FoxPro for Windows screen and controls near the edge of the screen may not be fully displayed.
For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ARTICLE-ID: Q110967 TITLE : Transporter Doesn't Position Text Correctly in FoxPro/Mac
Additional query words: xplatform
Keywords : kbVFp FxenvGeneral Version : MACINTOSH:2.5b,2.5c,2.6a Platform : MACINTOSH Issue type : kbprb
Last Reviewed: August 1, 1997