Microsoft KB Archive/172139
Article ID: 172139
Article Last Modified on 10/7/1999
- Microsoft Proxy Server 1.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172139
When you use Winsock Proxy clients using the IPX protocol, the client will fail when you try to access an URL with Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE), and you will get the following error message:
This error is due to incompatible server information made available to the Winsock Proxy client in the Mspclnt.ini file. If the client tries to use the [Server IP Addresses] name information instead of the [Server IPX Addresses] information, the client may not be able to locate the Winsock Proxy server.
- Locate the Mspclnt.ini file in the \Clients subdirectory under the \Msp install directory on the Proxy Server.
- Delete the entire [Servers IP Addresses] section from the Mspclnt.ini file, and save the file.
- Update the client configuration files at the client system by opening Control Panel and double-clicking the WSP Client icon.
- Click the Update Now option in the Winsock Proxy Client dialog box to download the client configuration files from the server to the client.
For additional information regarding configuring Proxy Server with IPX clients, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
165341 Configuring Proxy Server with the IPX Protocol
Additional query words: prodprx1
Keywords: kbprb KB172139