Microsoft KB Archive/172097
Article ID: 172097
Article Last Modified on 10/19/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172097
When you manually edit a formula for a calculated item in a PivotTable, the formula may return incorrect results.
This problem occurs when all of the following conditions are true:
- The PivotTable contains one or more page fields. -and-
- You add a calculated item to the PivotTable. -and-
- You select one of the items in the page field drop-down list, other than (All) -and-
- You manually edit the formula for the calculated item.
To work around this problem, use either of the following methods to edit the formula for the calculated item:
- Use the "Insert Calculated Item in <field>" dialog box to edit the formula for the calculated item. -or-
- In the page field drop-down list, click to select (All) before editing the formula for the calculated item.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about changing the formula for calculated items, click the Index tab in Microsoft Excel Help, type the following text
calculated items in PivotTables, changing
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Change the formula for a calculated item in a PivotTable" topic.
Additional query words: XL97
Keywords: kbbug KB172097