Microsoft KB Archive/172042
Article ID: 172042
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172042
If you place a text box at the top of a column of text in a document, the text at the bottom of the page will do one of the following:
- Fall outside the margin for the page and will appear to fall off the page
- Contain gaps between the words
This problem is caused when the following two conditions are met:
- The document alignment is set to Vertical Alignment as Justified.
- The text box wrapping style is set to something other than "None."
To correct this behavior, follow these steps to set the Vertical Alignment to either Top or Center:
- On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then select the Layout tab.
- Under Vertical Alignment, select either Top or Center.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: dropped drop lost edge end falling cover covering garbled garbage junk mess messed scrambled
Keywords: kbbug KB172042