Microsoft KB Archive/172000
Article ID: 172000
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172000
If you set your Microsoft Outlook 97 Calendar to the monthly view, your appointment information may truncate and with some screen and font settings, the start times of some of your appointments may not appear. The start time appearance may vary from one appointment to another.
The monthly view of the Outlook Calendar cannot wrap text within each day of the month. As the font size increases, less appointment information fits in each day on the monthly calendar. Depending upon your screen resolution, font typeface, and font size, at some point the trailing text of each appointment truncates. As the font size increases the start time does not display for some or all of your appointments.
You may be able to resolve this problem by selecting a narrow font such as Arial Narrow, reducing the font size, and increasing the Windows screen resolution.
Follow these steps to change the font and reduce the font size:
- Open your Outlook Calendar to the monthly view.
- On the View menu, click Format View.
- Under Month, click Font.
- In the Font list, click to select the desired font.
- In the Size list, click to select a smaller font size and then click OK and OK.
Follow these steps to increase the Windows screen resolution:
NOTE: As you increase the screen resolution objects appear smaller on the screen; therefore more information fits in a smaller space. For people with vision problems increasing the screen resolution may not be the best option.
- Using your right mouse button, click a blank area of the Windows Desktop and from the context-sensitive menu, click Properties.
- In the Display Properties box, click the Settings tab.
- Under Desktop, drag the slider bar all the way towards More.
- Click Apply. If you receive a prompt to restart your computer, click OK.
Repeat the steps for setting your screen resolution and Outlook monthly calendar font until you reach the best result. If you increase the screen resolution and reduce the font size enough, you may see both the start and end times before each appointment. You will have to determine the balance between font typeface, font size, screen resolution and readability.