Microsoft KB Archive/171945
Article ID: 171945
Article Last Modified on 10/3/2003
- Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171945
BUG #: 17057 (NT: 65)
You may receive a handled access violation (AV) if you execute a stored procedure with an extended static cursor more than once, and that stored procedure:
- Joins two or more tables.
- Contains a GROUP BY clause.
To work around this problem, do either of the following:
- Use forward-only, keyset-driven, or dynamic cursors.
- Use WITH RECOMPILE on the stored procedure.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft SQL Server version 6.5. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: ado asp tds activex active data objects pages
Keywords: kbbug kbusage kbsqlserv650bug KB171945