Microsoft KB Archive/171844
Article ID: 171844
Article Last Modified on 4/18/1999
- Microsoft Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3
This article was previously published under Q171844
Downloading samples from InfoViewer or MSDN fails if Internet Explorer 4.0 is installed.
Install Visual Studio Service Pack 2 or later.
The version of IVAUTO.DLL containing the correction is 5.00.7198 and is 97200 bytes. This should be in the "...\DevStudio\SharedIDE\bin" directory. If you find any older versions of IVAUTO.DLL anywhere else on your system, delete them.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Install MSDN or an IDE product.
- Install Internet Explorer 4.0.
Locate a sample topic. For example, try:
Developer Products Visual C/C++ Visual C++ Samples POLYGON: The ATL Tutorial
- Click on the link to download the sample on the page.
- You should see a dialog listing the files in the sample and giving options. This dialog box fails to start. Instead, depending on the version of Internet Explorer being used, you may see no response or an error message box with:
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvs97sp3fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171844