Microsoft KB Archive/171830
Article ID: 171830
Article Last Modified on 11/5/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171830
Menus for ActiveX Documents (.vbd) change location in IE 3.0x. When you first view the .vbd document in IE 3.0x and the menu is in one location, then select a new address to view from IE 3.0x. Now return to the original .vbd document and the menu for the .vbd document is in a different location in IE 3.0x.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171554 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open IE3.0x.
- Open a local .vbd document that has a menu.
- Menu appears as a sub-menu to IE Help Menu.
- Go to another URL or .vbd and return. The menu appears on same level as the IE Help Menu. Note that the menu changes places after selecting a new address and returning to the original .vbd document.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171830