Microsoft KB Archive/171814
Article ID: 171814
Article Last Modified on 11/18/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171814
When the MouseDown event of a FileListBox control invokes a Drag method on a right click, the system menu for the Form appears.
This problem will only occur with certain combinations of the FileListBox's location and the display setting for the Font.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171554 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- To set your font to "Large Fonts," right-click the desktop.
- Select "Properties."
- Click the "Settings" tab.
- In the "Font Size" combobox, select "Large Fonts."
- Click "OK." (This may require that you reboot your system.)
- Open a new "Standard EXE" project.
- Add a FileListBox control (File1) to Form1.
Set the following properties for File1:
Property Value -------- ----- Left 2520 Top 1080
Add the following code to the MouseDown event of File1:
If Button = 2 Then File1.Drag vbBeginDrag
- Press the F5 key to run the application.
- Right-click File1. Note that the system menu of Form1 appears.
Additional query words: FileList ListBox
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171814