Microsoft KB Archive/171733
Article ID: 171733
Article Last Modified on 1/8/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171733
The KeyUp and KeyDown events of the Flexgrid control do not trap the Arrow keys. This affects the arrow keys on the numeric keypad as well as the "stand-alone" arrow keys.
The Flexgrid control responds to the arrow keys to change the selection, therefore they are not passed to the key events.
There are no workarounds at this time.
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Turn the NumLock setting on your keyboard off.
- Create a new Visual Basic project, Standard Exe.
- Place a FlexGrid control on the new default form.
In the KeyUp event of the FlexGrid control, place the following code:
- Run the form, and click on the FlexGrid control.
- Press any arrow key and note that the message box does not appear.
- Press any other key and observe that the message box appears. (Hint: use the mouse to close the message box.)
Additional query words: kbVBp500 kbVBp600 kbVBp kbdsd kbDSupport kbControl
Keywords: kbprb KB171733