Microsoft KB Archive/171620
Article ID: 171620
Article Last Modified on 1/28/2000
- Microsoft Image Composer 1.0
- Microsoft Image Composer 1.0a
This article was previously published under Q171620
When you install Microsoft Image Composer, you may receive the following error message:
This error message usually occurs after the screen to specify the destination folder.
Some computers misinterpret the way that Setup provides the name of the destination folder.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Make sure that an Image Composer folder is not present from the previous installation. Delete this folder if it is.
- Run Setup.
- When you are prompted to specify the folder to install Image Composer to, enter a name with eight or fewer letters, such as composer.
- Click OK, and then click Yes to create the new folder.
Setup should proceed without error.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbsetup kbprb KB171620