Microsoft KB Archive/171518
Article ID: 171518
Article Last Modified on 12/10/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Control Creation Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171518
Some controls do not show up on the printed output when printing a form image at design-time when an ImageList control is present on the form.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171554 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2
This behavior will occur with all forms that contain the non-windowed ImageList control.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start a new Visual Basic Standard EXE project.
- Select Project->Components from the menu.
- Select Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 (comctl32.ocx) and click OK.
- Add each of the eight new controls from the Toolbox to Form1.
- Spread the new controls around Form1 so that they are all visible.
- Select File->Print from the menu.
- Deselect the "Code" option and select the "Form Image" option.
- Click on the OK button. The result will be a form image with only the ImageList on it.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171518