Microsoft KB Archive/171517
Article ID: 171517
Article Last Modified on 12/10/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Control Creation Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171517
Random black bands and other distortions appear when printing a form image containing an Animation control. Only the Animation control is affected, the rest of the form image should print correctly.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171554 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2
The Animation control is part of the Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 5.0 (comct232.ocx).
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start a new Visual Basic Standard EXE project.
- Select Project->Components from the menu.
- Select Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 5.0 (comct232.ocx) and click OK.
- Add an Animation control from the Toolbox to Form1.
- Select File->Print from the menu.
- Deselect the "Code" option and select the "Form Image" option.
- Click on the OK button. The result will be a form image with a distorted Animation control on it.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171517