Microsoft KB Archive/171491
Article ID: 171491
Article Last Modified on 12/10/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Control Creation Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171491
When the value of the mouse button is queried in the MouseUp event of the Tabbed Dialog control, it always returns a value of 4. It should return a value of either 1, 2, or 4.
This problem is fixed in the newer version of the Tabbed Dialog control (TABCTL32.OCX) provided with Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
You can work around the problem by using a global variable that is set to the value of Button in the MouseDown event, or using the MouseDown event that reports the value of the mouse button correctly.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171554 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2
The value of Button should indicate which button was pressed, as follows:
1 - Left button is pressed 2 - Right button is pressed 4 - Middle button is pressed
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start a new Visual Basic 5.0 Standard EXE project.
- Choose Components from the Project menu, check the "Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control 5.0," and click OK.
- Place a Tabbed Dialog control on the default Form.
Place this code statement in the MouseUp event of the Tab control:
- Press the F5 key to run the project. Note that when you click anywhere on the control, you will see that the value displayed is always 4.
Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Online Help, topic "MouseUp event"
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171491