Microsoft KB Archive/171485
Article ID: 171485
Article Last Modified on 12/10/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Control Creation Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171485
Two title bar captions will appear on screen: one in Visual Basic IDE, the other on background.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171554 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start a new Standard EXE in Visual Basic 5.0.
- Maximize the IDE.
- Minimize the IDE.
- Click the Visual Basic Icon in TaskBar to restore it.
- Restore the IDE (middle button on upper-right of the IDE).
- Resize the main IDE window so that it is in mid-screen and much smaller than the screen.
- Minimize the IDE.
- Click the Visual Basic Icon in TaskBar to restore it. Note that you now have two Visual Basic Title bars: one on the IDE and another at the top of the screen in the maximized position.
NOTE 1: When you perform step #7, Visual Basic appears to maximize the top of the IDE window briefly before minimizing. However, only the top of the window is maximized and it doesn't appear as if the process finishes before the entire window is minimized. This is where the left- over repaint is coming from. You can observe this behavior particularly on slower video cards.
NOTE 2: This bug occurs no matter how many MDI child windows you have opened within the Visual Basic IDE.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171485