Microsoft KB Archive/171477
Article ID: 171477
Article Last Modified on 12/10/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Control Creation Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171477
When multiple controls are selected and the Properties Window has the focus, Visual Basic 5.0 may crash when the Horizontal or Vertical Spacing menu item under Format is accessed.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171554 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start a Standard EXE project in Visual Basic 5.0.
- Add two Labels or any other controls to the form.
- Select both controls and click anywhere on the properties window, or press the F4 key.
- Choose the Format menu and move the mouse pointer over to the Horizontal or Vertical spacing menu item.
You should get an Invalid Page Fault in VB5.exe.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171477