Microsoft KB Archive/171466
Article ID: 171466
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171466
WARNING: The information in this article has not been confirmed or tested by Microsoft. Some or all of the information in this article has been taken from unconfirmed customer reports. ANY USE BY YOU OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Microsoft provides this information "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose
When starting Microsoft Outlook, Dr. Watson may generate the following error:
This may be caused by a damaged profile.
Create a new profile. To do so, follow these steps:
- If it is running, quit Outlook.
- In Control Panel, double-click the Mail And Fax icon or the Mail icon.
- Make a note of the services that make up the current profile.
- Click Show Profiles and click Add to add a new profile.
- Follow the Inbox Setup Wizard to create a new profile with the same services you noted in step 3.
- After clicking the Finish button in the wizard, set the newly added profile to be the default profile by selecting it where it says "When Starting Microsoft Windows Messaging, use this."
- Click Close.
You should now be able to successfully start Outlook.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB171466