Microsoft KB Archive/171456
Article ID: 171456
Article Last Modified on 5/12/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Control Creation Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171456
When using an ActiveX component that defines events, you may receive the following error when this component is accessed through DCOM.
This error does not occur if the ActiveX component is used locally or if the client does not instantiate the remote object using the WithEvents statement.
This problem occurs because you did not set the appropriate identity for the server.
To resolve this problem, refer to the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
267836 HOWTO: Create a DCOM Client/Server with Events by Using Visual Basic
268550 HOWTO: Use Dcomcnfg for a Visual Basic DCOM Client/Server Application
269330 HOWTO: Troubleshoot DCOM for Visual Basic Client/Server Applications
Additional query words: -2147023071 (80070721)
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB171456