Microsoft KB Archive/171360
Article ID: 171360
Article Last Modified on 8/10/1999
- Microsoft Proxy Server 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171360
Microsoft Proxy AutoDial does not hang up when the connection is idle.
The Auto-HangUp will fail with any of the following conditions:
- You have a Winsock application on a client open and connected to the Internet.
- You have a Web Proxy client (Web Browser) connected to a Web Page that has a refresh tag in it.
- The active caching of the Web Proxy Service is updating the cache.
- Other TCP/IP traffic is hitting the modem connection from the Internet.
The Idle TimeOut option in Dial Up Networking must be set for the connection to hang up after being idle.
- Open the Dial Up Networking dialog box, and select User Preferences from the More button.
- Disable AutoDial by Location and set Idle Seconds Before Hanging Up to the desired amount of time.
- Choose Logon Preferences from the More button and set Idle Seconds Before Hanging Up to the same value as User Preferences.
- Open Control Panel, Services and disable the Remote Access AutoDial Manager service.
Keywords: kbprb KB171360