Microsoft KB Archive/171356
Article ID: 171356
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171356
After you install Octopus Beta 3.0 software, the system restarts in a continuous loop.
The system loads ntdetect and ntldr and proceeds to the blue screen and displays the build info. The screen goes black and the system restarts.
To resolve the problem, perform one of the following steps:
If the System is FAT
- Rename c:\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Octopus.sys to Octopus.sav.
- Using a text editor, create a 0 byte file called Octopus.sys. Copy this file to c:\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\.
- Restart Windows NT.
- Run the uninstall program that came with Octopus and restart the system.
If the System is NTFS
- Install Windows NT into a separate directory.
- Follow steps 1 through 4 above.
- Delete the parallel installation of Windows NT and change the boot.ini file back to the original settings.
The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: Octopus Beta3.0
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbprb KB171356