Microsoft KB Archive/171334
Article ID: 171334
Article Last Modified on 10/22/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171334
In Microsoft Excel 97, if you attempt to undo the result of clicking Merge And Center on the Formatting toolbar, you may receive error messages similar to the following.
Microsoft Windows 95
If you click Details, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
Microsoft Windows NT
This problem may occur when you do the following:
- You click Freeze panes on the Window menu to create a horizontal frozen pane on the worksheet. -and-
- You select multiple cells below the horizontal frozen pane and apply the double bottom border format. -and-
- You select the cells with the double bottom border and click Merge and Center on the Formatting toolbar. -and-
- You click Undo Merge and Center on the Edit menu to undo the action.
To correct this problem, install Microsoft Excel 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1).
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Excel 97. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Excel SR-1.
For additional information about SR-1, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
172475 OFF97: How to Obtain and Install MS Office 97 SR-1
Additional query words: XL97 sr1
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbfix KB171334