Microsoft KB Archive/171293
Article ID: 171293
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171293
An e-mail message in Microsoft Outlook 97 is not paginated the same way when you print the message as it is when you view it in Page Layout View.
You are using Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor and the Page Layout View does not display the message header included when you print the message from Outlook.
Use Print Preview in Outlook to see how the message will look when printed. To view the message in Print Preview in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Click to select the e-mail message but do not open it.
- On the File menu, click Print Preview.
This will display your e-mail text with header information as it will look when printed.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open a multiple-page message in Outlook while using Word as your e-mail editor.
- On the View menu, click Page Layout.
- Adjust the text to page-break at a specific line.
- Print the message.
RESULTS: The printed message does not page-break at the specified line because it contains the message header.
Keywords: kbprb kbprint KB171293