Microsoft KB Archive/171265
Article ID: 171265
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Cluster Server 1.1
This article was previously published under Q171265
If you install only the Cluster Administrator tool for Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS) version 1.0 on a non-clustered computer, there is no option to uninstall the Cluster Administrator application.
The Cluster Administrator application is an addition to the existing tool set for administrators as located in the Administrative Tools (Common) group. You may use this application for remote administration of Microsoft Clusters. The setup program for MSCS provides the ability to uninstall the Cluster Server portion of the product only. This is by design.
If you want to remove the Cluster Administrator application from the common Administrative Tools group, you may do the following:
NOTE: Do not use this procedure on a server that participates in a cluster. This procedure is for removing the Cluster Administrator application from a system in which only the application was installed.
- Click Start and then click Settings.
- Click Taskbar.
- Click the Start Menu Programs tab.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Explorer window, locate the following directory:
Profiles\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
- Select Administrative Tools (Common).
- To the right, observe the items that belong to the Administrative Tools (Common) group. Select Cluster Administrator and press the DELETE key.
- Locate and remove the %SystemRoot%\Cluster directory. The cluster directory will be located under the directory where Windows NT was installed, unless you chose a different installation path with the MSCS setup program.
- Close the Explorer window.
- Click OK to close the Taskbar Properties window.
Additional query words: MSCS server cluster
Keywords: kbprb kbsetup KB171265