Microsoft KB Archive/171254
Article ID: 171254
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171254
If you uninstall the Telephony application programming interface (TAPI) version 2.1 driver set or the TAPI 2.1 Software Developer Kit (SDK), some files may not be replaced with the original versions.
TAPI 2.1, in Microsoft Windows NT version 4.0, requires Service Pack 3 or later. If you uninstall TAPI 2.1, you need to reapply the service pack before restarting. Failure to reapply the service pack may result in mismatched versions of TAPI-related files and could lead to other problems.
NOTE: When you apply Service Pack 3, the update program indicates that the service pack needs to be reapplied if you change or add any components.
The recommended uninstall procedure for TAPI 2.1 is as follows:
- Locate the Remtapin.inf file for Windows NT. More information about this file may be found in the Readme.txt file that came with TAPI 2.1.
- Right-click the file, then click Install.
- Follow the directions given during the uninstall process. This procedure will reinstall the original TAPI system from the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 CD.
- Reapply Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Windows NT version 4.0 before restarting.
Additional query words: tapi uninstall sp3
Keywords: kbinfo kbsetup KB171254