Microsoft KB Archive/171219
Article ID: 171219
Article Last Modified on 9/30/2003
- Microsoft Commercial Internet System 1.0 Service Pack 2
This article was previously published under Q171219
When you attempt to install Internet Location Server (ILS) on a computer that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 they may receive the following error message:
The Windows NT Event Viewer may also contain Error 10048 and several other stop or warning messages relating to the LDAP service.
The LDAP server included with Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 is not compatible with Internet Location Server.
To resolve this problem, do one of the following:
- Install ILS on a different computer. -OR-
- Disable LDAP in Microsoft Exchange Server:
- In the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator program, click the plus button next to the Site container to expand it, and then expand the Configuration container.
- Click the Protocols object. In the left pane, the LDAP Site Defaults Properties dialog box appears; clear the Enable Protocol check box.
- In the right pane, click the Servers object. Click the name of the computer running Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Restart the computer running Windows NT Server for these changes to take effect.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Commercial Internet Server version 1.0. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Keywords: kbsetup KB171219