Microsoft KB Archive/171177
Article ID: 171177
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171177
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
The LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties that are set by the Subform/Subreport Wizard are reset to the default when the subform control is clicked twice.
This behavior also occurs if you manually change the LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access 7.0 and 97.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- Create a new form in Design view based on the Orders table.
- Move the form to the right to display the Database window. Click the Tables tab and drag the Order Details table onto the form to create a subform.
- When the Subform/Subreport Wizard appears, click the Define My Own option on the first screen of the wizard.
- In the Form/Report Fields list box, select EmployeeID.
- In the Subform/Subreport Fields list box, select ProductID, and then click Finish.
A new Order Details subform appears on the main form.
- View the property box for the subform and note that the LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties display ProductID and EmployeeID, respectively.
- Click the subform control twice, and then click outside the subform control.
- Click inside the subform again and note the properties for the subform. The LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties now display OrderId.
For more information about creating subforms, search the Help Index for "Subform/Subreport Wizard," and then "create a subform."
Keywords: kbbug kbusage KB171177