Microsoft KB Archive/171138
Article ID: 171138
Article Last Modified on 6/27/2006
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
- Microsoft Certificate Server 1.0
This article was previously published under Q171138
We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) version 6.0 running on Microsoft Windows Server 2003. IIS 6.0 significantly increases Web infrastructure security. For more information about IIS security-related topics, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
When you try to connect to an Internet Information Server (IIS) web server through Secure Sockets Layer protocol (https), you may get the following error message:
IIS has not been configured with the correct port for the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Steps to change the SSL protocol port number:
- Select the plus sign beside IIS under the Console Root.
- Select the plus sign beside the appropriate Web Server.
- Right click the appropriate web site, and select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- On the Web Site tab, place "443" inside the Secure Port text box.
Additional query words: iis
Keywords: kbother kbprb KB171138