Microsoft KB Archive/171011
Article ID: 171011
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171011
E-mail messages that you mark with a sensitivity of Private are not visible in the Inbox of a secondary mailbox, although the unread message counter for the Inbox indicates that you have new, unread mail.
This behavior is by design.
To add a secondary mailbox to your current profile:
- Start Outlook using a profile containing the Microsoft Exchange Server service.
- On the Tools menu, click Services.
- Select Microsoft Exchange Server, and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Add.
- Type the mailbox name in the Add mailbox box, and then click OK. Repeat this step for each additional mailbox you want to add.
- Click OK twice to close the dialog boxes.
Choose one of the following methods.
Do not mark any messages that you need to send to a shared mailbox with the Private sensitivity.
Create a separate profile that uses only the second mailbox.
Additional query words: hidden primary
Keywords: kbbug KB171011