Microsoft KB Archive/170936
Article ID: 170936
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170936
When you insert a range of cells, references that the cells contain may not be updated relative to the addresses of the original cells you selected.
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You select the range of cell and click Cut on the Edit menu. -and-
- You select a destination range of cells and click Cut Cells on the Insert menu.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about inserting cells, click the Index tab in Microsoft Excel 97 Help, type the following text
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Insert cells, rows, or columns" topic.
Additional query words: XL97 XL
Keywords: kbprb KB170936