Microsoft KB Archive/170920
Article ID: 170920
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170920
When opening a mail item in Microsoft Outlook 97, you may get the following error message:
The message dialog box contains OK and Cancel buttons. clicking OK opens the message for processing. Clicking Cancel may cause a General Protection Fault.
You have installed an add-in called Internet Idioms, which is not compatible with Outlook.
Remove the Internet Idioms add-in as follows:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the General tab, click Add-In Manager.
- Click to clear the Internet Idioms check box, click Remove, and then click OK twice.
- On the File menu, click Exit and Log Off.
- Restart Outlook.
Internet Idioms is manufactured by Angry Graycat Designs, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
For more information on Internet Idioms, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
166264 OL97: Internet Idioms Error When Starting Outlook
Keywords: kb3rdparty kberrmsg KB170920